I. COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
This website (“Jomseek.com”) is owned and operated by Jomseek, a nonprofit organization. At Jomseek we understand that you value your privacy and we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe. This statement governs information you provide to us or we learn from your use of this Site and tells you how we may collect, use and in some instances share this information. Terms “you,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the end-users of our Site. Terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to Jomseek.
Please read this policy carefully so that you understand our privacy practices. By using this site, you consent to the terms of this policy. If you do not agree with the terms of this policy, please do not use the Site. We may periodically amend this policy and it is your responsibility to remain informed about any amendments. We encourage you to periodically review this policy to stay informed about how we are protecting the information we collect. You agree that your continued use of this site constitutes your agreement with this policy and any further amendments.
II. INFORMATION JOMSEEK COLLECTS
Information gathered online can generally be categorized as either anonymous or personally identifiable, as follows:
• Personally Identifiable Information. Personally identifiable information is information you provide to us that is uniquely associated with you, such as your name, physical mailing address, email address and telephone number. Information identifying an entity other than an individual (e.g., a corporation, partnership, joint venture and so forth) does not constitute personally identifiable information.
• Anonymous Information. Anonymous information is general information that cannot be traced back to a specific individual. For instance, we know how many queries we receive each day, but we generally do not know the names and e-mail addresses of the personas submitting the queries. Anonymous information can also include “aggregate data”. Aggregate data is data we collect about a group or category of features, services or individuals, from which individual identities have been removed. For example, information about how you use or purchase a feature may be collected and combined with information about how others use or purchase the same feature, without any personal information included in the resulting data. Jomseek uses aggregate data to help identify trends and understand end-users needs so we can provide better features and services.
1. Personally Identifiable Information.
A. How We Collect Personally Identifiable Information?
You provide personally identifiable information to us in a number of ways when you visit our Site or use the various services and activities available on our Site, such as:
• Register to participate in programs or services offered by Jomseek;
• Participate in surveys, fundraisers, donations or sweepstakes;
• Participate or make postings in any forums or other interactive areas;
• Submit and/or post an article or comment to the Site and voluntarily include your name or other personal information (including, without limitation, any personally identifying photographs or images you submit and/or post);
• Contact us by e-mail for any reason (such as to request customer service, provide us with your comments/feedback, submit a job applications, submit a resume, etc.). If you would like to review or amend information you have provided or opt out of our mailing list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
B. How We Use Personally Identifiable Information?
We generally use personally identifiable information to process your requests or transactions, and provide you with features and services you requested. For example, we use the information we collect to:
• Contact you for administrative purposes or to provide you with customer service;
• Complete transactions requested by your or to verify your use of the Site;
• Respond to any questions, problems, complaints or feedback requests;
• Organize the Site to better serve you and customize or develop our features and services;
• Send you e-mails or other communications containing information about Jomseek’ work, Site features and services that you might request or find of interest.
Personally identifiable information provided to our Site may be linked together or merged with other personal information we obtain about you so that we may better understand your needs and inform you about Jomseek’s work, Site features or services and those of our business partners. We do not sell, rent or share personally identifiable information with third parties without your prior consent except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy. We share personally identifiable information with third-party vendors who assist us in performing internal functions necessary to operate our business. These functions may include: analysis data, providing marketing assistance and processing payment transactions. In all cases we limited the information shared with our third-party vendors to that which is necessary to carry out those functions. We require that these parties agree to process such information in compliance with this Policy and use reasonable efforts to limit their use of such information. We are not, however, responsible for any information you provide to third party vendors directly, and we encourage you to become familiar with their practices before disclosing information directly to them.
We also disclose personally identifiable information where it is needed to comply with the law (e.g., a lawful subpoena, warrant or court order); to enforce or apply this Policy; to initiate, render, bill and collect for amounts owed to us, to protect our or our end-users’ rights, property or safety; to protect our end-users from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful use of our Site, or if we reasonably believe that an emergency involving immediate danger of death or serious physical injury to any person required disclosure of communications or justifies disclosure of records without delay. Additionally, information about our end-users may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personally identifiable information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
2. Anonymous Information
A. How Do We Collect Anonymous Information?
General user data, such as your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, pages you visited, and the date and time of your visit, is automatically collected through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small files that are stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique identification.
Cookies also keep track of services you have used, record registration information regarding your login name and password, record your preferences and keep you logged into the Site. You can opt out of receiving a cookie by changing your browser settings to prevent the receipt of cookies. Since each web browser is different, we recommend that you please look through your browser “Help” file to learn the correct way to modify your cookies set-up. Please note that disabling cookies may prevent you from accessing some of the functionality and site offerings available via the Site. Please also keep in mind that you may get cookies through sites linked to the Site and we do not control these cookies.
B. How We Use Anonymous Information?
We may use anonymous information and cookies information for a number of purposes, including, but not limited to:
• Remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Site;
• Provide custom, personalized content and information;
• Monitor the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns;
• Monitor aggregate usage metrics, such as total number of visitors and pages viewed.
We treat anonymous information as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifying information mentioned above and, in those cases, will only use it to monitor aggregate usage metrics.
In accordance with the Federal Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we do not knowingly collect or maintain information from end-users under age 13 without parental consent. We do not monitor the age of our end-users. However, if you are under the age of 13, you should not use the Site nor submit personal identifying information to Jomseek without the consent of your parent or guardian. This Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13. Any end-user using the Site represent to Jomseek that they are 13 years of age or older. If we become aware we are holding information about someone below the age of 13, it will be deleted. Please contact us if you believe we hold such information.
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure security on our systems. If Jomseek learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using this Site or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of this Site. Jomseek may post a notice on our Site if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view Jomseek’s Site. Jomseek may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances.
V. CHANGES AND UPDATES
VI. CONTACTING JOMSEEK
Jomseek is committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns.
[Effective Date: October 3, 2015]